Halloween CountdownSuspiria (1977) "Do you know anything about… witches?"
Day 4: Cujo
This is probably the best inspired look ever!! Lol FYI this is my pup back when he was a few months old ❤
*Plot: A friendly St. Bernard named “Cujo” contracts rabies and conducts a reign of terror on a small American town.
- This is another Stephen King novel turned into a movie.
- I like that it has only a few characters & locations because it takes a lot to keep the tension up when you have a minimal amount of people in the movie.
- This isn’t exactly one of my favorite movies, but it is a fun one to watch!
- I didn’t have a makeup look ready so I thought this would be kind of funny ^_^
Day 3: Psycho
*Plot: A Phoenix secretary steals $40,000 from her employer’s client, goes on the run and checks into a remote motel run by a young man under the domination of his mother.
- This is the original, directed by the amazing Alfred Hitchcock (1960)
- It’s in black & white & if you love the show Bates Motel, this is where it came from!
- I love Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates & I love that Janet Leigh is actually Jamie Lee Curtis’ mom (the 2 ultimate scream queens❤)
- The character of Norman Bates was inspired by Wisconsin serial killer Ed Gein (who also inspired Buffalo Bill & Leatherface)
- This is definitely in my top 5 horror films, idk what else to say besides, watch it!!! :D
- Eyeshadows are from the Coastal Scents 252 palette
- Black eyeliner is the NYC liquid liner & white liner is a NYX jumbo pencil
❤ We all go a little mad sometimes ;)
Day 2: Don’t Look Now
This started off as an inspired look by the Don’t Look Now poster & I was going to redo it because that lid color is SUPER dark, but I really like how it came out, so I’m keeping it lol
*Plot: A married couple grieving the recent death of their little daughter are in Venice when they encounter two elderly sisters, one of whom is psychic and brings a warning from beyond.
- It is an older movie (1973) & it’s not the usual type of horror movie people think of when they think of horror
- It’s sooo creepy & eerie!!!
- I copied the plot summary from #imdb because it doesn’t include the twist at the end ;)
- Soft brown (transition), concrete (crease), Mekong (lid from NARS), matte red (lower lash line from Coastal Scents)
- Bold gold cream shadow (tear duct from Maybelline) & jumbo pencil in milk (waterline from NYX)
- Like I said, I was going to redo it because Mekong is sooo dark! But it’s the prettiest dark brown ever!!! It even has gold sparkles ^_^ I hate that you can’t tell in this pic but if you ever stop by Sephora, at least swatch it lol it’s gorgeous!!❤
Day 1: Cabin Fever
My first horror movie inspired makeup is on Eli Roth’s Cabin Fever!
*Plot: A group of five college graduates rent a cabin in the woods and begin to fall victim to a horrifying flesh-eating virus, which attracts the unwanted attention of the homicidal locals.
- A lot of the people that I’ve talked to have strong opinions about this movie & you either love it or you hate it. I love it!
- It is pretty gory and bloody, some parts are a little disgusting (leg shave lol) but it’s such a fun campy movie!
- It’s fun if you like to see people stranded in the middle of nowhere dying in gross ways (I have issues lol)
*Lip ombre info:*
- Urban Decay eye pencil in zero, Wet n Wild lipstick in cherry bomb & Makeup Forever flash palette (for the yellow)
- then I added Coastal Scents eyeshadows on top to make it more pigmented <3
Soooo I love horror movies & for the month of October I want to do makeup looks inspired by different horror movies! ❤
- I’m going to try to do a look each day.
- These looks are going to be inspired by either the movie poster, fan art, maybe a scene in the movie, a character’s makeup, etc.
- Please don’t expect special effects because I’m terrible at that lol. I’ll be doing eye makeup, full face, and lip art.
- Some looks will be colorful & dramatic but I’ll also include more wearable ones.
- Some of these movies are a few favorites, others I chose because I really wanted to recreate.
- I’ll include a mini review of the movie & hopefully you guys will check some of them out!
- This isn’t a monthly challenge that others have to participate in, this is just something I’m doing because I’m combining my two loves! makeup + horror
But feel free to try it yourself & if you do, tag your work with #cindygmakeup
It’s been a while since I’ve been on here >_<
But I wanted to let you guys know that I’m doing a makeup/horror movie challenge for the month of October (it’s all up there ^ lol)
Anyway I’m doing this on my Instagram page but since it’s horror related, I’m going to be reblogging it on here :)
hope you guys like it too <3